I. TOTAL HOURS — 18 beyond the first-year level to be earned as follows:
ITALIAN LOWER DIVISION (9 hours):
- ITAL 2110 – Intermediate Italian Reading, Grammar, and Composition 1
- ITAL 2120 – Intermediate Italian Reading, Grammar, and Composition 2
- ITAL 2130 – Introduction to Literary Analysis
(ITAL 2120 and 2130 may be taken concurrently — see ITAL advisor.)
ITALIAN UPPER DIVISION (6 hours):
- ITAL 3015 – Advanced Composition 1
Choose one of the following courses (prereq. of ITAL 2130 must be met):
- ITAL 3140 – Readings in Italian Literature – 20th Century
- ITAL 3150 – Readings in Italian Literature – 19th Century
- ITAL 3160 – Readings in Italian Literature – Medieval/Renaissance
ITALIAN UPPER DIVISION ELECTIVE (3 hours)
- All courses must carry an ITAL prefix.
- Students may apply credits to the Italian minor which are earned through a CU Study Abroad program to Italy. Specific course equivalencies must be determined by the Italian advisor.
- Students may apply a maximum of 9 transfer credit hours to the Italian minor and a maximum of 6 hours at the upper division level (from other study-abroad programs or other universities). Specific course equivalencies must be determined by the Italian advisor.
- Students may apply a maximum of 3 hours from Italian courses taught in English.
- Students must consult with the Italian advisor during each registration period and before a study-abroad program.
- Students must maintain an overall and Italian grade point average of 2.00 (C). They must earn a grade of “C-” or higher in ALL courses required for the Italian minor and may NOT take minor requirement courses Pass/Fail.
To declare an Italian minor, please go to http://advising.colorado.edu and make an appointment with the Italian advisor, Allison Frey.